Monday, September 26, 2011

6x6 Medium Format

Nha Trang, Vietnam 2011

Saigon, Vietnam 2011

I spent most of today changing out strips of film from the film scanner and reading philosophy in-between. I am absolutely awe-struck at how amazing photographs look on 6x6 Kodak Ektar 100 film!!! ...I also think I will never use Kodak Portra VC again... Not because Ektar is so amazing (which it is), but because I just don't like how Portra looks.

After scanning in medium format all day and then some 35mm at the end, I don't know if I can go back to shooting 35mm anymore... But I can't afford shooting medium format here in the states (it costs too much to develop.) *Sigh*

In other news, keep an eye out for me in the next edition of Carleton College's The Voice. Unfortunately this means I cannot release my super cheesy Vietnam-voice-over-montage until that edition of The Voice comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment