Thursday, August 25, 2011

08.25.11


Just got back to Saigon -- homebase. Got in a 15 person van where they shoved 24 people with luggage last night at 2am. (It's a transportation service. I'd never been, didn't know what to expect). I was sitting heels to butt, knees to chest. It was an estimated 4 hour drive. Cousin got car sick 15 mins in and vomited all over my backpack. Got off, waited 3 hours for a bigger bus to come after a lot of phone calls. Ordered a hot milk (made from condensed milk and hot water) which came with an extra helping of dead floating ants. But 7 hours after it all started (not including the 1 hour late van pick-up for departure), I'm now back in Saigon.

2 comments:

  1. did you order milk in the city? hope you didn't drink it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. its was just condensed milk and hot water...? It was still by Bảo Lộc -- central highlands. Did I just drink some chemically engineered milk?

    ReplyDelete