Thursday, June 9, 2011

06.09.11

Two of my aunts (both of whom are my father's older sisters) came to visit me today bringing bags and bags of home-made Vietnamese food. The night before, I was sharing with my mom that a while back when a couple of my friends were over and my parents were talking in the living room in Vietnamese, my friends thought they were arguing. But then my friends realized my parents just talk really loud when there were suddenly bursts of laughter. I hadn't seen my aunts in a while and they caught me up on much of what had been going on in the extended family. Well, a very small fraction of the very large extended family -- both my parents were one of ten siblings. They told me in a very loud manner (. . . it was a little overwhelming) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment