Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CUT Breaks Seed

Photo credit to photographers of www.usaultimate.org. These pictures are straight from their front page.

Seeded 9th, CUT takes home another National Championship. I don't really care to summarize the tournament, but you can read more about it here. I'd say this quote summarizes it pretty well: "The next point had over 40 turnovers. You read that right: 40. Midway through the point, scorekeepers said that there were 30 between both teams. It was hard to keep track after that, but Wisconsin eventually scored to make it 2-1." Games will be aired again sometime on CBS ("CBS Sports Network will air extensive USA Ultimate programming, beginning with the Women’s Final on Saturday, June 25 and the Open Championship Final on Sunday, June 26.").

Although my PCL injury kept me on the sideline, it was a great time. I got to see some of my teammates who don't always shine in practice, shine brighter than ever in this tournament. I also got to see the Rockies for my first time! Drove to some outlooks (because we weren't allowed to hike). The sun and clouds weren't as nice as my one experience with the Appalachian Mountains though, but I can only imagine how breathtaking those sights would be at sunrise/sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment