Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sunset



I walked the 5 mins from my house to the Notre Dame (probably less than 5 mins, but I was going really slow) to find a line stretched out for a couple blocks.  But I could already see the sun starting to set.  SO I walked back, more quickly this time, and got up on my roof.  I spent the next hour or so up there.  Then it got a little cold...

The last one is my favorite.  The "stairs" in the bottom right corner is actually the tin roof of the corner of the building.  One amazing thing about Parisian sunsets is that because most of the buildings are roughly the same height except the monuments, at one point, the sun sets a warm glow on top of all the rooftops with nice shadows cascading as far as you can see.  And then of course there is nice Rembrandt lighting on the monuments.  I just couldn't move the camera off of Montparnasse though.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah... taking photos from a roof? I detect a theme... :D

    ReplyDelete