Friday, December 10, 2010

Solo Exhibit? Me?



Well, let me first clarify by saying these three pictures above has nothing to do with the title of this post.  They've been sitting in my to-be-posted folder for a long while now, and I figured its time to post them :)

This morning in my 8:30 Market Place for Art and Design class, I was offered a solo exhibition in Parsons Paris.  I accepted of course.  Its officially being called an introspective.  The work on display is my Atmospheres for Emotions series (just finished shooting it today), which has evolved and morphed at many levels.  The title is now Clearobscure.  More to come as things become finalized.

5 comments:

  1. It's too bad you're in France -- the title of your expo would work really well in Spanish: "claro" (clear) + "oscuro" (obscure) would = "claroscuro", which combines really well. And you could even pun with "claroscurros" pluralized and with a double-r, since "curro" is slang for a job/gig (or expo!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm. It was intended to be a play off of Chiaroscuro. :) I am glad it is not too obvious though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The term (and fittingness) of Chiaroscuro did pass through my mind, but I think I ignored it since in Italian that's a compound more of "light-dark" than "clear-obscure" -- but technically, I get the connection and the reason for naming it this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Its was suppose to be an abstraction of the name. Didn't want to be too literal, you know? The name makes more sense if you see the whole series and read the artist statement too I think. But of course you can't ... but I can put you on the private guest list for Thursday night if you want. Free croissants :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you can put me on a private jet round-trip, I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete