Saturday, December 18, 2010

Parsons Paris


Well, before I say good bye to Parsons Paris, above are two pictures from today's trip to Versailles.  Maybe it was just the weather, but I think I prefer the grounds at Fountainbleu.  Versailles was just a little too constructed/too symmetrical for me.

After the vernissage yesterday, I must admit that I feel a little empty.  This entire term has been a gradual crescendo from my first roll of B&W film, to working with a make-up artist in the studio, to curating an exhibition.  And now its all over.  Regardless of my complaints, Parsons Paris has given me quite a lot.  Probably the most valuable thing is has given me is the confidence and determination to pursue a career in photography.  And more specifically, fine arts photography.  In my final critique, I was told I should look into using large format film for my low-light work to pick up finer shadow details.  I am still very much a novice in film but I suppose everyone, even André Kertész, had to start as a novice.

Finally, just a quick reminder, the $35 Snapshot giveaway is still going on and it is still anyone's game at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment