Wednesday, November 17, 2010



Here's some more HP5+ Film shots for you.  The last one is one from my environmental portraiture assignment.. except somehow I accidentally made it a double exposure (how does that accidentally happen?!?)  And so most of what you see in the background, primarily the left side, is my room.  And on the desktop screen is the 4 pictures I selected to submit for the assignment, which includes the digital (non-double exposure) version of this one!

In other news, went to a Parsons Paris student's birthday party last night which was on a boat.  Stayed till about 3:30 or something like that and then Vélib'ed home.  Went under and around the Eiffel tower and stood in awe for a while.  It looks quite nice disappearing into the clouds.  When I got home, I popped up on the roof, set a long exposure, set an alarm for 4 hours later, and went to sleep.  Heard the alarm, but kept sleeping.  Woke up an hour later and realized I really need to stop that exposure..  So got back up on the roof, said 'Wow... its really bright out' which means that shot is completely over exposed, and then took a few quick 1 sec exposure shots at f22 with a polarizer on a tripod.  Went back down and slept some more.  Now its 1:08pm here.

2 comments:

  1. Man, these are getting better and better. I'll have to email you more later about how much I like them :)

    Also, I've got my eye on an 11x14 studio camera... if only I had the cash. 35 pound camera, 15 pound tripod, 20 pounds of film holders is doable in the field, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, and no need to sign up for a gym membership either. If you think about it that way, it'll save you money in the long run :)

    ...but then there's the chiropractor bills...

    ReplyDelete