Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1st HP5 Developed

DEVELOPED MY FIRST ROLL OF FILM IN CLASS TODAY!!
I finished my last three shots on my roll of film at/around the Louvre last night :)  Ilford HP5 400 ISO (It's what my teacher is making us use).  Somewhat to my surprise, I can actually see pictures!!  I was worried I got all the exposures wrong.  I feel kind of dumb because of I have 2 copies of almost every shot just cause I'm coming from digital (didn't want to lose the shot to improper exposure).  Now I know just to trust myself more though.  I keep forgetting that it's black and white though!

I do, however, have to go out and shoot a roll of positive color film now too ...which is even more expensive... Good thing Davey Bendiksen, class of 2010, is hooking me up with a bunch of accessories (filters, etc.)!!

As for buying film, so I found a significantly cheaper price online, but France will probably impose a VAT tax (20%!!!!!!!?!??!), so then it turns out to be roughly the same as here...

No comments:

Post a Comment