Monday, August 30, 2010

Orientation Week Begins


Orientation began today.  I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00AM-ish maybe because I was excited, but also maybe because I was worried I had lost my passport.  Turns out it fell out of a drawer (from the inside) and then remained under the dresser.  Although Parsons isn't a huge name in Paris, there are a handful of Parisians here.  They said that the American art school are much better and more structured.  Making some friends, realizing some networking opportunities, stuff like that.

Oh, and the lady at the front desk lied.  There is wifi here.  So I'll be able to use my laptop with a normal keybored and everything :)  Now I need to get my hands on a tripod.  Also, the school is within walking distance from the Eiffel Tower.  Oh, and I also learned that I don't have any breaks during these for months.  I get two days off, one of which makes a 3-day weekend.  So probably no side traveling for me, except at the end.  Florance and Rome are at the top of my list right now.  I might just go to Southern France instead though.

I didn't realize until after I saw it on a bigger screen that I should have taken the second shot (with Isabele) with a smaller aperture to keep the water in focus too.  Anyways, you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment