Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finding Joy in the Journey and not the End

The first picture isn't that interesting at all, I'll admit.  But isn't that lighting phenomenal?  The second one is much more interesting.  Reminds me of a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean.  One of these photos is an HDR image.  Can you tell which one?

Last weekend was probably the most eventful and interesting weekend I've ever had at Carleton.  Unfortunately I can't really sure the details.  But the things said and the events that happened got me thinking about the relativity of life.  I've been a relativist for a while, but I guess I just had a little reminder of it.  Recently I've been getting a lot of "no"(s) from people, places, etc.  Sorry, you didn't receive this fellowship; you did not get the position for this job; turns out this cheap place is Paris is a scam, etc.  But what about that excitement you feel while you wait for these responses.  I know even though I knew I was under qualified for most everything I applied for, I still fancied the thought of getting one of them.  And really, the application process for getting a summer job should be somewhat enjoyable, and not really a hassle.  Ultimately when your trying to find cheap housing in Paris, your life is going pretty well.  Relative to my current concerns they were the worst of my worries.  They've since then been dwarfed by recent events.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these photos are great!
    ~krn

    ReplyDelete