Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brainstorming Sculptures

First off, I really liked this picture because it was taken as a 30 second exposure in the basement of parish while everyone was watching Mike's favorite movie: Robin Hood: Men in Tights.  Definitely not my favorite movie.  The picture originally had a red glow to it from the EXIT sign which has become just a white rectangle of light once converted to black and white.  I played around with it for a while, but finally decided to go with really muted tones as to emphasize the depth of field in this picture.

As for sculptures, we're on our second project now.  There's no longer a requirement to use plaster, but I've grown to really like it.  I'm not really sure why to be honest.  It's rather annoying to work with and, imo, really hard to get exactly what you want out of it.  Whatever I end up doing, I think plastering clothes will be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment