Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

So there's a couple things I wanted to type about today.  First is a possible (but unlikely) investment in a new lens.  I either wanted an ultra wide angle lens or a telephoto lens.  Having played with some other telephotos throughout the school year, I decided I would want at least a 300mm zoom for sports (Ultimate) photography.  However, zooms this great often has a lot of distortion.  Most professionals would use mutiple lenses to maintain the same glass quality that I am looking for in my telephoto lens.  My go-to lens is my AF-S 16-85mm f/4-5.6 VR ED.  It's considered a slow lens.  In fact I don't have any fast lenses.  But the thing is, I don't knowi f I could actually justify buying a Nikon 70-300mm VR.  I just wouldn't be taking that many sports shots cause I don't plan to be sitting on the sideline all season.  And I don't really travel much into nature with school and all... *sigh*

Second thing I wanted to ask, if there's any med students reading this, I've been going to sleep and waking up with a really dry.sore throat every morning with a lot of nasal congestion.  It only really happens at night (or that's when it's worse anyways).  It's been going on for like a month and a half now...  I thought it would just go away...  Anyone have any ideas on this one?

As for the photo shoot, here are some real portfolio ones.  I started to get a little more creative with the post production process for some of these.  Be sure to check back all week!


1 comment: